Syns per Serving | Original - Syn Free
Servings | 4
- 675gm (1½ lb) chicken breasts, skinned
- Fry Light
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm ( ¾ inch) piece root ginger, finely chopped
- 1tbsp mild – medium curry powder
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 397gm (14oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- fresh coriander sprig, to garnish
1. Remove any visible fat from the chicken and cut the meat into 2.5cm (1in) cubes.
2. Heat a wok or heavy-based frying pan sprayed with Fry Light and fry the cumin seeds for 2 minutes until; they splutter. Add the onion, peppers, garlic and ginger and fry for 6-8 minutes.
3. Add the curry powder and fry for about two minutes. Stir in the chill powder, ground coriander, cumin and salt & add 1tbsp water; fry for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add the chicken cubes and fry for about 5 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes and chopped fresh coriander. Cover the wok or frying pan with a lid & cook for about 15 minutes or until the chicken cubes are tender. Garnish with a sprig of fresh coriander and serve.