Serves 8 - 2.5 syns each on all plans
100g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder/bicarbonate of soda
2 eggs lightly beaten
150ml skimmed milk
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground allspice
2 tsp ground ginger
3 large carrots peeled and grated
7 tbsp sweetener
2 tsp of grated orange zest
For the toppping
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp sweetener (less if you like it less sweet)
1. Preheat the oven to 180c (gas mark 4) and line a non stick loaf tin with parchment paper
2. Place the flour, bicarbonate soda, eggs, milk, spices, carrots, sweetener and orange zest in a bowl. Mix well then spoon into the loaf tin.
3. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes until golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack and allow to cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, make the topping. Whisk the quark, sweetener and vanilla together then leave in the fridge until needed.
5. Once cool, add the topping